Job Title: Quality Assurance Inspector I
Pay Range: $12.00 per hour
Basic skills in performing inspections during receiving, in-process and final production by conducting visual, mechanical, and electrical testing.
Essential Job Functions:
It is required of this position to interpret and understand drawings and schematics.
Approve in-process production by conducting visual, mechanical and electrical testing to confirm compliance to applicable engineering requirements.
Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizing re-work and waste; inputting the data into a quality database.
Understand how to care for and use measuring instruments.
Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standard and procedures complying with legal regulations.
Maintain quality standards and communicate those standards to all departments when necessary.
Write non-conformance reports (NCR) on rejected product and communicate the NCR to the proper department.
You will need to have the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities as well as do other things asked by the manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word required
- Requires strong analytical, written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interface with all departments
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to plan and organize daily activities in a methodical and productive manner
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Basic knowledge of Military specifications
- Familiarization with Returned Material Processes
- Experience working with calibration system
- FAIR (AS9102) First Article Inspection Report desired
- Knowledge of IPC-A-610/ J-STD 001 a plus
Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma
- One (1) year quality experience